Planning a Ski Holiday in the Northern hemisphere ?
Would you like to last longer on the slopes ?
On Your Feet…..And Off Again
A workshop to improve balance and coordination on the ski slopes
- Experience and begin to understand your balance and how to optimise it on skis and snowboards
- Discover your centre of mass and how to use it for weight shifting
- Learn ‘Whole body’ patterns that underpin and support good balance and movement
- Develop sensory/motor attention to give your body and mind ski specific awareness
Feldenkrais® gives you the tools to move better and replace ineffective bad habits with good ones that allow you to ski better and lead to a ‘whole-body’ skiing experience One of the main ideas in Feldenkrais is to learn to be aware of ourselves. This is so that one can know how to move from a point of neutrality-so that all your movement is made efficiently and knowingly-with less effort and greater ease. This experiential knowledge is used to avoid potential injury, ski better and stay on the slopes longer.
What to Bring:
- Wear loose comfortable clothes –(ie yoga or gym clothes)
- Bring a mat to lie on and a towel
- Morning or Afternoon Tea offered
- Please provide your own Lunch and water bottle
Donna-Rose McAneney is a Certified Feldenkrais Practitioner (CFP) and Therapeutic Masseuse with over 25 years experience who has a joyful passion for fun on the slopes.
Learn the little movements that make a Big Difference
The Body Moves was established in 2001 on the Gold Coast, Australia,offering regular Feldenkrais classes or tailored programs to suit your specific needs, as individuals or groups. Donna Rose has lived, worked, trained and studied extensively in the US, Australia and New Zealand.